Welcome to my World of Letting Ideas
“Flow through the Flo”
I – Flo Flynn – have always been an artist –starting at a very young age. I have great memories of being with my father and observing nature. We would take time to sit and watch: the grass flow like green waves after a spring rain, ripples of water sparkling in the sunlight or observe the multitude of creatures on our farm and the rolling clouds with their ever changing images. I would also sit with my grandma- who taught me how to blend colors and paint, and I was also encouraged by my mother to explore and just be.
I continue to be influenced by things that have passed through my life. Again this could be a simple reflection that caught my eye, a person or those different events that create interesting chapters in our lives. I also write notes and/or take photos of the images-like a bug, a leaf, a flower, or a thought that passes through my head. It is then that a seed is planted and these images become the beautiful ideas that are ready to grow. The final paintings or sculptures are a carry through of that inspiration and or vision.
I continued along my path getting a BFA., Teacher Endorsement and then a MAE- teaching grade school, high school and college students throughout the years while coordinating art camps for kids, taking on Chairperson for Nebr. Artist Guild Convention (1985), taking care of a farm and family and an art supply store and photography business at various stages of my life.
My current work is connected to dreams, meditations, energy work and other everyday connections. A lot of the time the title, the story, the composition and the colors are a given to me in a dream or a meditative state.
Recent Shows include:
- University of Nebr. Alumni Show –Eisentrager- Howard Gallery, Richards Hall- Lincoln, Nebr. May- August 2016
- Herberger Theater/Center – Phoenix Az. Oct 7-January 2 2016-2017
- Made in Clarkdale Show- Dec. 2015
- One Woman shows @ Alwun House 2014, Melting Heart2013- Phoenix Az. Elements- Kearney Nebr. 2000, Opera House- Minden Nebr. 2000, Kearney Public Library- Kearney Nebr. 1996 and 1991
- Group Exhibits @ Glendale City Arts Council/ Alwun House2006-2014, Purchased art by Glendale City park and Rec 2012
- Mural Work Commissioned for private homes since the early
1980’s in Southwestern style and /or children’s rooms – clouds, roads, underwater ocean scenes whatever the client desires.
Work currently displayed at Hart of AZ. In Cottonwood AZ. and Jerome Artist Coop- Jerome Az.
I am grateful that I can soak in all the beauty of the universe and that I am able to share my creations with others. I hope that you can enjoy my work on a playful as well as a healing or a sense of a peaceful level.